Since our inception in 1949, Wisco Industries has fostered environmentally conscious business practices. Our efforts to recycle, reduce, reuse, and repurpose in all aspects of our organization have been so thoroughly integrated they’ve become second nature, and a true source of pride in our company.
Following are some of our ongoing environmental initiatives.
- All by-products and manufactured goods are evaluated for environmentally conscious disposal, minimal scrap, and reclamation.
- Lighting and new equipment is evaluated and adjusted for energy efficiency. Automatic light sensors have been installed in our factories to reduce energy consumption.
- PCs and time clocks use an auto shutoff feature for an annual savings of $3,700.
- 95% of purchase orders and other business documentation is electronic.
- All skids, pallets and shipping materials are reused, recycled, or repurposed.
- Office waste paper, cans, newspaper, magazines, plastics, copy paper, and ink cartridges are recycled.